We’re an early-stage startup that believes thoughtfully designed software can play a role in improving team success while also having a positive influence on culture and happiness.
Our initial product helps people build successful teams, so they can stay in sync, focus on what matters and feel connected, even in today’s increasingly distributed workplaces. As part of a daily check-in, team members answer team-building questions and share their mood, a simple process that builds trust and psychological safety while at the same time fosters transparency and knowledge discovery.
Our mission is to craft new ways for organizations, teams, and individuals to unlock their full potential, so we do our best to walk the talk. We endeavor to build a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels safe and supported.You can find more about us at www.range.co and on Key Values.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Growth Marketing Lead to accelerate Range’s growth throughout the funnel. This role is an individual contributor role today, as our team is still small, but we plan for our growth marketing lead to scale with our company. You’ll manage contractors and agencies immediately, and manage growth marketing hires in the future. Given our stage, you’ll both set our marketing strategy and goals, and also execute on marketing plans and handle the day to day work.
While your experience is in growth marketing for self-serve freemium products, you understand the importance of a customer experience that reflects our brand and mission. You’ll collaborate with product, engineering, and customer teams to drive acquisition, engagement, expansion, and retention throughout the funnel. You’ll also work closely with product marketing and content marketing to communicate with our audience at the right time, through the right channels, with the right messages. We currently target managers and developers, and you’ll help us expand to new verticals. You will own organic and paid acquisition, growth channels, the marketing tech stack, and marketing analytics and will be responsible for hitting growth KPIs.
Who you are
- 4+ years of experience in a growth marketing role, including experience at a bottom-up SaaS company. The title and level of this role are flexible based on experience.
- Mission-aligned: You’re excited about the future of work and want to make all workplaces more effective and humane.
- Biased to action: You want to work at a high-growth, early-stage company, which involves being able to collaborate well across teams and step in when help is needed.
- Strategy & execution: You’re able to balance strategic vision and operational excellence, from setting high-level team strategy to getting in the weeds building landing pages and optimizing email drips.
- Channel management experience: You are experienced at executing campaigns across multiple channels, including paid, and you can clearly describe the campaigns you’ve run and what you’ve learned.
- High-quality bar: While this is a growth marketing role for a data-driven marketer, you recognize the value of quality content and a brand that stands for something.
- Proficiency in full-stack of marketing tools: You know what tools to use and how to use them—or you can figure it out quickly.
- US-based: You live in the US, have a good internet connection, and can normally be available during core-hours synced with the pacific time zone (11-3 PST)
What you'll do
- Growth marketing strategy: Set channel strategy and plan campaigns to meet goals, collaborating with product marketing, content, and design to use the right message and creative.
- Channel ownership: Create, test, and scale paid and organic campaigns throughout the funnel, across multiple channels, including but not limited to SEO, SEM, email, social, and in-product.
- Website management: Create landing pages, follow SEO best practices, and run a/b tests to improve our website’s conversion rate.
- Lifecycle marketing: We are a self-serve, freemium product, and you’ll make sure we are nurturing users to drive growth throughout the funnel.
- Marketing Ops: Own the marketing tech stack. Evaluate our existing tools and recommend new ones based on our stage and resources.
- Marketing Analytics: Own analytics, attribution, and lead scoring and deeply understand how customers move through our funnel.
- Segmentation: Partner with Product Marketing to develop audience segments and figure out our expansion strategy to new audiences and team types.
- Content Distribution: Partner with Product Marketing and Content Marketing to ensure each piece of content drives engagement and is distributed across email, social, etc.
- Team growth: You’ll hire and manage agencies, contractors, and full time employees as we grow.
If you’d like to learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please share a bit about your career goals and a brief description of why you're excited about this opportunity.