We’re an early-stage startup that believes thoughtfully designed software can play a role in improving team success while also having a positive influence on culture and happiness.
Our initial product helps people build successful teams, so they can stay in sync, focus on what matters and feel connected, even in today’s increasingly distributed workplaces. As part of a daily check-in, team members answer team-building questions and share their mood, a simple process that builds trust and psychological safety while at the same time fosters transparency and knowledge discovery.
Because our mission is to craft new ways for organizations, teams, and individuals to unlock their full potential, we do our best to walk the talk. We endeavor to build a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels safe and supported.
About the role
We’re looking for a designer to join our team and lead all aspects of product design at Range. As the sole designer on the team, you’ll get to work at all levels: everything from contributing to the product roadmap, all the way through to crafting delightful micro-interactions.
This is a great opportunity to work with a tech and business team that understands and values the design process. And as a key contributor, you’ll have a huge impact on the direction of the product, and how Range helps teams be more effective. You’ll be working within an organization that’s deliberately designed to foster growth, which means you’ll have an internal coach and get exposure to adjacent disciplines that will help grow your skill sets.
This is a senior-level full-time design role at an early-stage startup. You’ll be expected to lead multiple initiatives from start to finish. You should be comfortable shaping and driving projects from a high level, as well as executing design work at an individual contributor level.
Who you are
- You love the craft of design, and are an expert at design process, interaction design, and visual design.
- You’re experienced at taking customer and business goals, and applying the design process to deliver practical and creative solutions.
- You’ve got 5+ years of professional UX design experience. (Bonus if you've worked on B2B SaaS)
- You want to work at an early stage company, where you can have a huge impact on shaping the product, and have the opportunity to grow your skills in many areas.
- You like working in environments where you are empowered to find projects and make decisions on your own.
- You like to move fast and quickly recover from mistakes (vs. working diligently to prevent mistakes up front).
- You like working collaboratively with others, driving projects with multiple stakeholders, and getting feedback along the way.
- You’re interested in learning more about organizational behavior, leadership, psychological safety, and ways that people and software can make teams more effective.
- You want to work with a mission-driven team that’s helping other teams be more effective, and making the workplace a bit more human.
- You live in the US, have a good internet connection, and can normally be available during core-hours synced with the pacific time zone (10-3 PST)
What you’ll do
- Work closely with founders, product managers, engineers, and marketers to shape both product strategy and specific features.
- Collaborate with the team on all levels of the product development process, from early needs discovery, to roadmapping, to defining metrics, to gathering feedback from customers, and more.
- Own and drive the entire design process for new initiatives, from early design concepts, to wireframes, critique, detailed design deliverables, UI copy, production assets, and design QA.
- Iterate on how the Range brand is expressed visually in the product, improving the app’s visual clarity, consistency, and delight.
- Work closely with engineers to ensure we’re delivering high quality experiences to customers, while moving as fast as possible.
- Have a boatload of fun working with a passionate, open, and caring team.
Interested in working at Range? Please apply here. We’d love to hear a bit about your career goals and a brief description of why you're excited about this opportunity.