We’re an early-stage startup that believes thoughtfully designed software can play a role in improving team success while also having a positive influence on culture and happiness.
Our initial product helps people build successful teams, so they can stay in sync, focus on what matters and feel connected, even in today’s increasingly distributed workplaces. As part of a daily check-in, team members answer team-building questions and share their mood, a simple process that builds trust and psychological safety while at the same time fosters transparency and knowledge discovery.
Our mission is to craft new ways for organizations, teams, and individuals to unlock their full potential, so we do our best to walk the talk. We endeavor to build a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels safe and supported. You can find more about us at www.range.co and on Key Values.
About the role
We are looking for a product marketing lead, who will gain a deep understanding of our audience and product, refine our positioning and messaging and vertical expansion strategy, and communicate about the product and its benefits to our audience. Range is a self-serve, freemium product for teams, and you’ll work with the product, customer, and content teams to ensure the customer experience drives acquisition and engagement, while reflecting our brand. This is an Individual contributor role today, as our team is still small, but we plan for our product marketing lead to scale with our company. You’ll hire and manage marketers as we continue to grow our team. Given our stage, you’ll both set our product marketing strategy and goals, but also execute on marketing plans and handle the day to day work of an early-stage marketing team.
Who you are
- 4+ years of experience in a marketing role, with 2+ in product marketing, including experience at a bottom-up SaaS company. The title and level of this role is flexible based on experience.
- Mission-aligned: You’re excited about the future of work and want to make all workplaces more effective and humane.
- Biased to action: You want to work at a high-growth, early-stage company, which involves being able to collaborate well across teams and step in when help is needed.
- Strategy & execution: You’re able to balance strategic vision and operational excellence, from setting high-level team strategy to getting in the weeds planning launches and doing competitive research.
- High-quality bar: You've developed marketing strategies and tactics that put the customer first, while hitting growth goals at the same time.
- Product launches: You’ve planned and executed on product launches from strategy to execution and measurement.
- Writing ability: You’ve written short-form and long-form content, and can point to examples of your writing.
- Marketing breadth: You understand channel, content, and comms strategy in addition to product marketing strategy.
- US-based: You live in the US, have a good internet connection, and can normally be available during core-hours synced with the pacific time zone (10-3 PST)
What you'll do
- Positioning & Messaging: Evolve our audience and competitive analysis, positioning frameworks, and messaging as we launch new products and move into new markets.
- Audience Expansion & Segmentation: Range is useful across multiple teams and companies. You’ll help us drive acquisition and engagement with our current developer audience and strategically expand into new verticals.
- Product Launch Planning & Execution: You’ll determine the best way to bring our products to market and measure success, working cross-functionally.
- Liaison with Product & Customer-Facing Teams: Our company is organized by the customer funnel to drive cross-company collaboration. You’ll play an integral role in sharing customers and product knowledge with everyone at Range.
- Partnerships & Customer Marketing: Develop relationships with partners and customers that help us achieve goals
- Website: You’ll work with growth marketing to ensure our website reflects what our product does, our positioning and messaging, and our target audiences.
- Lifecycle Marketing: Collaborate with growth marketing to send the right messages to customers via the right channels (email, in-product, etc).
- Content Strategy: Partner with content, customer, and product teams to create the right mix of content to drive full-funnel growth.
- Team growth: You’ll hire and manage product marketers and contractors as we grow.
If you’d like to learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please share a bit about your career goals and a brief description of why you're excited about this opportunity.