Range integrates with other software to create suggested items for users to add to their check-ins. If you would like to record activity from tools not currently integrated with Range, you can use our REST API to programmatically record activity.
Create a custom webhook from the Range integration settings page. This will be used by you to send events to Range.
The webhook expects the following fields in the payload:
- attachment (Attachment): Details about the activity item
- dedupe_strategy (?string): How to handle deduplication of activity
- UNIQUE: Only one snippet will ever be created for the given attachment regardless of whether it was deleted.
- UNIQUE_USER: Only one snippet will ever be created per user per attachment.
- UNIQUE_PENDING: A snippet will only be created if there isn't already a pending snippet that matches the attachment (per user).
- UPSERT_PENDING: Same as UNIQUE_PENDING, but in the case where a duplicate exists, it will be updated.
- NONE: Disable de-duping behavior. Allow adding new snippets with any attachment regardless of the existence of other snippets with that attachment.
- email (?string): The email address of the user to create this activity for
- user_id (?string): Alternatively, the Range User ID of the user to create this activity for
- reason (?string): The verb for the reason the activity is being suggested
- One of: ADDED, EDITED, COMMENTED, CLOSED, CREATED, OPENED, STATUS_UPDATED, REVIEWED, RESOLVED, MERGED, COMPLETED, ASSIGNED, ATTENDED, CHANGED, SUBMITTED, VIEWED
curl -X POST 'https://in.range.co/services/incoming/...' -d '
"name": "Lead Time Chats | Episode 2",