We’re very excited to share that Remote Technology Breakthrough, has named Range as the winner of the “Team Collaboration Innovation of the Year” category of the 2020 Remote Tech Breakthrough Awards. Remote Technology Breakthrough is a leading independent market intelligence organization that recognizes the top companies, products, and services that empower remote work around the globe.
“I’m especially proud of our team because this has been uniquely challenging for so many this year, but we’ve been able to have a real impact helping our customers as they adapt to a new world of remote work,” says Dan Pupius, co-founder and CEO of Range. “That Range meets the high bar of innovation set out by these awards is a credit to the team’s hard work, the guidance of our investors, and the learnings we have had from so many of our customers.”
According to Remote Technology Breakthrough, the Breakthrough award is given to “innovative solutions and companies that address a true need, solve a complex or critical problem, or seize an opportunity and create or revolutionize a new market or industry.”
Range was chosen from more than 1,250 applicants, and the judges evaluated the products based on the following areas:
- Innovation: Does the product introduce new capabilities of significant improvements? Does it break new ground and truly “Break Through” the crowded market?
- Performance: Does the product perform to a degree that it improves overall performance versus competitors or previous solutions?
- Ease of use and manageability: Is the product easy to install? Are the product’s functions clear and easy to learn and run? Will the product scale to accommodate growth?
- Functionality: Does the product deliver as promised? Does it provide greater or more useful functionality than others in its category?
- Value: Does the product represent a cost-effective solution? Can its return on investment be easily justified?
- Impact: What needs does the product uniquely meet? What problem does it solve?
Other winners included in the “Collaboration and Documentation” category include large enterprise companies like Salesforce and established startups like our friends at Mural. Seeing large and small companies develop innovative solutions to the unique challenges of working remotely is a great sign for the whole industry.
“Collaboration is such a crucial ingredient to the success of remote teams, and as teams rethink how they work together, we’re seeing more and more people understand the important role software can play,” says Jen Dennard, co-founder and COO of Range. “We see team collaboration being a key part of a new emergent category, team effectiveness, that unlock the balance of well-being and performance. That’s central to our mission, and it’s fantastic to see the industry recognize the impact that approach can have.”